I have seen the Liebster Award floating around the bloggersphere for a while and I have always thought it was such a great way to discover and connect with new blogs, as well as a chance to share more about yourself with your readers. With that being said, I was fortunate enough to be nominated by Meryl of The Next Activity and I now get to experience the Liebster effect for myself:
- You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
- Write 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- After completing these questions nominate 11 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- Let your nominees know they have been nominated with a link.
11 Facts About Myself
- I have changed my name this year.
- I can’t whistle. Never have and never will.
- I am a published poet.
- I have been to Ibiza 7 times, and only one of those times included clubbing.
- I am doing a degree in two years, so summer holidays no longer exist.
- My sister is my best friend. She has recently set up an awesome fitness blog…
- I am a local radio show host.
- When I was younger my mum stopped buying me books for my birthday because I would read them all too quickly.
- I have worked at Windsor Castle, Eton and on an episode of Don’t Tell the Bride.
- I am only 5’1, but still taller than my mum.
- I have always had the travel bug. Because I moved about so much when I was younger, staying in any place for longer than 18 months makes me go a bit stir crazy.
Questions from Meryl
1. What was/is your first job?
My first ever job was working part-time in a café at a leisure centre aged 16 which meant for a time I didn’t have to pay to go to the gym. I did however get thrown fully clothed into the swimming pool on my final shift… so I suppose that evens it out!
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I would want to live somewhere either near the sea or at least close to nature. I can be a city girl but I go slightly nuts without the great outdoors to escape to. At the moment my future plans involve potential stays in Australia and New Zealand but we shall see how it goes. L.A. would also be a dream location. Staying in the UK would only work for my if I could still travel a lot with work, but moving abroad is looking like the better option for me right now.
3. What’s your favourite skincare item?
4. Who was your childhood crush?
Celebrity wise I had an Orlando Bloom poster hanging over my bed – I know, I had good taste even then – but as far as real life boys goes I was far to busy reading and doing other things to bother with crushes, much like now!
5. Did you have a favourite subject at school?
I always loved English when I was in school (no surprise then that I have gone on to read a literature and journalism degree), which is partly down to the subject but also the teachers. I always found that my English teachers were the most engaging people and were knowledgeable about so many things. I think it all comes with the territory for bookworms though; you end up absorbing all kinds of information from lots of different disciplines.
6. What are you most looking forward to this year?
I am mainly looking forward to finishing university in December and finding out what the next chapter of life has in store for me! And I am heading to London Fashion Week for the first time in September as a press member so I’m pretty excited for that as well!
7. What’s your favourite book?
As a literature student this is a very difficult question to answer but I would have to say that Lorrie Moore’s collection of short stories ‘Self-Help’ comes pretty close. As does ‘My Mistress’s Sparrow is Dead’ edited by Jeffrey Eugenides.
8. How would you spend your sunday?
When I am not at work, Sundays are usually spent doing some housework, catching up on uni work, blogging (from my bed of course) and drinking copious amounts of tea.
9. Where’s your next holiday?
As I have to spend the rest of the year focusing on finishing my degree I wont be travelling anywhere until 2015, but I have a few ideas for where I want to go. One of my good friends lives in Singapore and so I might be heading over there for a few weeks and then making my way around Thailand, but we shall see…
10. What inspired you to start blogging?
I have been reading blogs for years but I only seriously thought about starting my own one last year when we had to keep one as part of a university module. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to start The Montgomery Girl in December 2013 as an outlet for my excess creativity and a platform for my writing and photography. I am still striving to create something beautiful and interesting, something that I would want to read. That is still the dream and the challenge for That Montgomery Girl.
11. Singer/band you can’t get enough of right now?
My 11 nominees with less than 200 followers on Bloglovin
- Kat – Bespectacled
- Kiera – Little Law
- Julie – What’s Up Jub
- Charlotte – Charlotte’s Road
- Anna – Just Bananas Makeup
- Hatty – HattyXO
- Sarina – Sarina’s Cloudland
- Nadia – NSquared
- Karina – Simple and Black
- Julie-Ann – Our Dreams of Fashion
- Teresa – That Girl Tree
My questions for the nominees
- What is your favourite TV show of all time?
- Do you shop online, and if so what is the best site you’ve used?
- If you could have lunch with anyone – living or dead – who would it be and what would you order?
- Where can you see yourself in 10 years?
- What are your favourite types of blogs to read; fashion, beauty, travel or lifestyle?
- Tea or Coffee?
- Are you better in real life or online?
- What is, in your opinion, the best music video ever made? (A Youtube link would be great!)
- Who is your style icon?
- Are you more into fast fashion or investment purchases?
- What does your blog mean to you?
Make sure you check out all the blog I have nominated and the lovely Meryl!